Ed Crowley, Ambassador to University of Manchester – UK and The Managed Print Services organisation
With more than 30 years of marketing and management experience, Ed Crowley is a thought leader in product development, strategic marketing and the Business to Business (B2B) services market. Since establishing Photizo Group, in 2006, he has successfully worked with the top technology manufacturing firms and industry suppliers to create and execute winning strategies for transforming their business to compete in markets which are going through rapid and disruptive change. In doing this, Edward had created a team of trusted advisors to the top leaders in business.
Crowley has succeeded in establishing a list of blue-chip clients, was a founder of the Managed Print Services Association, produced over 15 successful Transformation Conferences around the globe, provided over 80 reports and forecasts for the services industry, and positioned Photizo Group as the preeminent expert in the services market. Crowley has been instrumental in developing concepts and frameworks accepted as industry standards in Services, including the Brand Performance Index, Hybrid Dealer Model and the Customer Adoption Model.
Crowley has received several industry awards including being named as one of the 40 most influential people in the imaging industry by Imaging Week Magazine in both 2012 and 2013. In addition, he received the “Visions” award from the PDMA Magazine for the best article of the year in 2007. Photizo Group received the 2011 and 2013 leadership award from the MPSA in the Services category. In addition, the firm made Inc. Magazine’s list of the 5000 fastest growing privately held firms in both 2012 and 2013.
Before Photizo, Crowley was the senior manager for Worldwide Printer Marketing at Lexmark International. He led the team that defined and executed product strategy for the market segment representing more than $2 billion in revenues for Lexmark (more than 60 percent of total profits). Crowley also made significant advances as the international development manager at VTEL Corporation, managing director at IntelliQuest, senior product manager at Texas Instruments printer group (now part of Tally Genimicom), product manager at DataProducts (now part of Ricoh) and market analyst at QMS (now part of Konica Minolta). He developed his first service product in 1985 with the introduction of the first ‘on-line’ market research system which could conduct ad copy testing in 24 hours.
Crowley holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Missouri (Agricultural Economics Major, Computer Science Minor) and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. He is currently pursuing a doctorate degree at the University of Manchester, Manchester England where his research topic is the transformation of product led firms to services led firms, with an emphasis on the unique challenges Japanese firms face in this transition. He is also Certified New Product Development Professional (NPDP) and a member of the BTA, CompTIA, MPSA, and the International Society of Service Innovation Professionals. Crowley is also the Executive Director of the Photizo Foundation, a non-profit organization which raises funds for the American Cancer Society, Cases Por Cristo, and other worthwhile charities
SPEAKING EXPERIENCE & PAST ENGAGEMENTS (2010-present)
- Videos: http://vimeo.com/46094703, https://vimeo.com/46290495
- Moderating Panel: http://vimeo.com/46107733
- 2013 Business Imaging Expo, “Expert Panel – MPS and Document Workflow”, Las Vega, NV (Dec 2013)
- 2013 NDDigital – MPS Revolutione, “Building Your Services Business”, Sao Paulo, Brazil (July 2013)
- 2013 Photizo Group Transform Japan Co-Keynote with IBM, “Office Products Industry Transformation and Opportunities”, Tokyo, Japan (July 2013)
- 2013 HP South American Reseller Conference, “Hybrid Resellers – The Next Stage”, Orlando, Florida (June 2013)
- 2013 Photizo Group Transform Global 2103 Keynote, “The Next Stage of Services”, Scottsdale, AZ (May 2013)
- 2013 Document Strategy Forum, Keynote Speaker with Paul Brody of IBM, “Products to Services Transformation in B2B Electronics: Past, Present, and Future”, Greenwich, CT (April 2013)
- 2013 Document Strategy Forum, “Figuring Out Digital Workflow: Transforming Your Paper-Based Processes for the Digital Customer”, Greenwich, CT (April 2013)
- 2013 Canon Latin America Event, Keynote Speaker, “Managed Print Services: The New Profit Engine”, Panama City, Panama (March, 2013)
- 2013 ECG Year Start, “The European Transformation”, Brussels, Belgium (January, 2013)
- 2012 Dell Inspire, “The New Imaging Landscape”, London, United Kingdom (November, 2012)
- 2012 Office Products International Global Forum, “MPS- Does it Really Matter”, Chicago, IL (May, 2012)
- 2012 XChange Solution Provider– Keynote Speaker for MPS Bootcamp, Los Angeles, CA (March, 2012)
- 2011 Ricoh’s MDS Multi-City Tour, “Creating Compelling Results”, Phoenix, AZ (November, 2011)
- 2011 HP Partner Managed Document Solutions Forum, “Have You Got Game”, Orlando, FL (October, 2011)
- 2011 Ricoh’s MDS Multi-City Tour, “Creating Compelling Results,” Atlanta, GA (October, 2011)
- 2011 Imaging Channel Managed Print Summit, “The Building Blocks of MPS Success”, Las Vegas, NV (July, 2011)
- 2011 International Reprographic Association Annual Convention, “MPS-Why This is Key to the Growth of Your Firm”, Las Vegas, NV (April, 2011)
- 2010 Digital Gateway End User Conference, “Hybrid Dealerships – What Are They and How Do You Become One”, Salt City, Utah (September 2010)
- 2010 Office Ware CIO Briefing – Keynote Speaker, “The Facts Behind MPS”, Louisville, Kentucky (September 2010)
- 2010 MWA Intel Hybrid Dealer Summit – Featured Speaker, “MPS and Your Dealership, Thriving and Surviving”, Scottsdale Arizona (August 2010)
- 2010 Recharger World Expo, “MPS and You, The Keys to a Profitable Business”, Las Vegas, Nevada (July 2010)
- 2010 Ricoh Convergence 2010, “Building a Successful MPS Business”, Las Vegas, Nevada (June 2010)
- 2010 Everything Channel Midsize Enterprise (CXO) Summit East, “The Real Facts Behind MPS”, Ft. Lauderdale Florida (April 2010)
- 2010 Barclay’s Capital Investor Briefing, “MPS and the Imaging Industry, Implications for Financial Markets” (March 2010)
- 2010 ICON/Ricoh Solutions Conference, “MPS – Building The Case For Your Customers”, Daytona Beach Florida (April 2010)
- 2010 International Reprographics Association Conference, “What is a Hybrid Dealership, and Why is it Important to Your Business”, Palm Springs, California (February 2010)
Ed Crowley has spoken at over 50 events worldwide.
**If you would like a more expanded list of speaking events Ed has participated in, please email Mr. Crowley at [email protected]