Several ISSIP members met on April 22nd, 2016 to design and start developing ISSIP badges. In attendance were Haluk Demirkan (University of Washington), Steve Kwan (San Jose State University), Jim Spohrer (IBM), Abul Kamal Siddke (), and Yassi Moghaddam (ISSIP).
We are grateful to David Leasser of IBM who spoke about Mozila Open Badges and IBM Badging strategy at one of ISSIP
What is an Open Badge?
- A digital sign to symbolize to recognize skills you learn and achievements you earn anywhere
- Contains metadata with skills tags and accomplishments
- Easy to share in social media: LinkedIn, Twitter, FB, blogs
- ISSIP validate and verify achievement
- Based on Mozilla’s Open Badges standard