ISSIP EXCELLENCE IN
SERVICE INNOVATION AWARD
Deadline for Submission: 11:59 PST, December 31, 2017
The International Society of Service Innovation Professionals (ISSIP) announces the inaugural “ISSIP Excellence in Service Innovation Award Program,” intended to promote and recognize exemplary innovation in the design and deployment of services.
The ISSIP Excellence in Service Innovation Award is given once each year to a company or organization that has deployed a new service that, in the judgment of the ISSIP Award Committee, is the most innovative of all of the submissions for that year.
The mission of ISSIP is to promote innovation in human-centered and technology-enabled services for our interconnected world. The ISSIP Service Innovation Award contributes to this mission by
- Publicizing the work of service innovators from the global network of ISSIP members
- Encouraging service innovation by recognizing outstanding accomplishments in service innovation
- The ISSIP Innovation Award is given once each year to a company or organization that has deployed a new service that, in the judgment of the ISSIP Award Committee, is the most innovative of all of the submissions for that year.
- The winner will receive an engraved plaque
- The winner will be announced and displayed on the official ISSIP newsletter, website and email distribution lists, and mentioned throughout the following year in ISSIP functions
- A branded statement of the Award can be entered on the winner’s website
- The winner will have an opportunity to present their “service innovation” in one or (more) of the ISSIP Frontiers of Service Innovation Programs (e.g. weekly speaker series, webinars, discovery summits, conferences)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The submitter must be
- An Individual ISSIP member or an employee of an ISSIP Institutional Member
- Authorized to make the submission on behalf of all persons or entities that share ownership of the service. This authorization must be established with written consent by all such owners at the time of submission.
Submissions will be evaluated by an Award Committee, comprised of the ISSIP Executive Committee and selected technical advisors. Any members of the Award Committee who are affiliated with a company, organization or institution from which a submission has been made must recuse themselves from the entire evaluation process.
The judging criteria will be based on the uniqueness, creativity, technical merit, value generation and impact of the innovative solution.
The winner will be announced at the first Board of Directors Meeting of the year following the deadline for submissions.
WHERE AND WHAT TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Any service innovator who wishes to be considered for the ISSIP Service Innovation Award should submit a brief description (no more than five pages) in the form of a MS Word file to the ISSIP Executive Director, who will record the submission, disseminate the application to the Award Committee and forward the application to the ISSIP Newsletter Editor.
The submission will appear in the edition of the Newsletter that next follows the date of submission. Details of the content of this document are provided below.
For submissions during the inaugural year of this Award (2017) the application fee will be waived.
- Submit a web site, access to the user interface, video, user stories or other validation of the actual deployment of the service.
- Submit a document in the form of a MS Word file.
- The format and content of this document should be that of an article that provides an overview of the service and of the service system that was created. This narrative should be easily readable and interesting to ISSIP members and be suitable for publication in the Newsletter.
- Submitters must make sure that proprietary information is excluded from the submission as the submitted document will be viewed publicly.
- The document must address the following points:
Describe the service that you have innovated. Include in your description responses to the following questions.
- What is the context of the service?
- Who are the actors or participants in the service system?
- How does the service co-create value?
- When was this service first offered?
- What is the current volume of usage of this service? What is the growth rate of usage?
Describe the scope of the impacts of the service. Consider the benefits of the service in terms of
- Economic value
- Improvements in health and safety
- Improvements in quality of life
- Improvements in quality of work
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental protection or enhancement
- Other forms of value
Describe the technical merit of the service. Consider including in your description the extent to which the service system makes use of
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud resources
- Mobile technologies
- Cognitive Computing
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Machine Learning
- Artificial/Augmented Intelligence (AI)