Nominations are now open for the “ISSIP Excellence in Service Innovation Award.”
Deadline for Submission: 11:59 PST, Jan 31, 2021
The ISSIP Excellence in Service Innovation Award is given once each year to a company or organization (and their individual representatives), that has deployed a new service that, in the judgment of the ISSIP Award Committee, is the most innovative of all of the submissions for that year with impact to business, society, and innovation. The runner ups will also be recognized through the ISSIP Distinguished Recognition Award, given to submissions that represent innovative and impactful service designs and implementations from which service innovators around the world can derive inspiration. See previous year winners here.
The winners will:
- receive an engraved plaque (complimentary, for ISSIP Corporate or Institutional Members; small fees apply for Individual members, and non-members)
- be announced and displayed on the official ISSIP newsletter, website and email distribution lists.
- receive a branded statement of the Award for posting on the winner’s website.
- have an opportunity to present in one or (more) of the ISSIP Frontiers of Service Innovation Programs (e.g. weekly speaker series, webinars, discovery summits, conferences)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The submitter must be:
- an Individual ISSIP member or an employee of an ISSIP Corporate or Institutional Member.
- authorized to make the submission on behalf of all persons or entities that share ownership of the service. This authorization must be established with the written consent by all such owners at the time of submission.
WHERE AND WHAT TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please submit a brief description (500 words max, single space ~ 1 page,) in pdf to the Awards Committee, at [email protected] that describes the project and answers the following questions:
- What is the context of the service?
- Who benefits?
- Who are the participants?
- How does the service co-create value?
- When was this service first offered?
- What is the scale today? And what is scalability potential?
- What are the benefits of the service in terms of:
- Economic value
- Improvements in health and safety
- Improvements in quality of life
- Improvements in the quality of work
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental protection or enhancement
- Other forms of value
- To what extent does the service makes use of advanced technologies including:
- Artificial/Augmented Intelligence (AI) including Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud resources
- Data & Analytics
- Mobile technologies
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- And others?
Optional Supplemental information may be submitted in the form of:
- a web site, access to the user interface, video, user stories or other validation of the actual deployment of the service.
- a document in the form of a pdf such as an article or a whitepaper.
Submitters must make sure that proprietary information is excluded from all submissions. By submitting your package you give ISSIP permission to post the brief description and the supplemental information to the ISSIP website after the results are announced.
- Submissions will be evaluated by an Award Committee, comprised of the ISSIP Executive Committee and selected technical advisors. Any members of the Award Committee who are affiliated with a company, organization or institution from which submission has been made must recuse themselves from the entire evaluation process.
- The judging criteria will be based on the uniqueness, creativity, technical merit, value generation and impact of the innovative solution.
- The winner will be announced by the first Board of Directors Meeting following the deadline for submissions.